A key step in maintaining your boat is to wash it regularly. Cleaning your boat regularly doesn’t only contribute to the looks of the boat, but also helps to protect your boat from the environmental conditions. Also, wax your boat regularly to further protect the surfaces from the elements.
Tecni – Marine
Do you know your Boat requires constant care and attention?
Tecni – Marine a boating center for all your boating needs.
We have been serving the Yachting Industry for almost 30 years and we do have completely conscious about the ups and downs of this peculiar business.
Tecni-Marine is fully committed to present the best effective service in terms of Engineering, Maintenance and Technical assistance.
Tell us what your boat needs or ask for a diagnostic. Receive a free, fast & fixed quote.
Get your yacht Fixed
That’s it. No more waiting – our mechanics come to you.
VAST RANGE of SERVICES
Maintenance & Repair
- Maintenance and Boat Administration
- Mechanical Engineering | Maintenance
- Diesel Tank Cleaning
- Generator Service & Battery Service
- Electricity & Electronics
- Air Conditioning & Cooling Systems
- Hull and Metals Anti Foulings Paintings
- Polishing Services
- Carpentry Service
- Stainless steel works
- Covers and upholstery services
- Seamanship documentation
- Rennovation / Restoration
- Full engines service and repair
- Full engine diagnosis
- Diving Service
- Retrofitting works
- Side Hull Spray Paintings
- Taylor Made Services
- Technical Assistance
- Osmosis Treatment & Prevention
- Fiberglass moulds and repairs on Fiber and Gelcoat
- Stainless Steel and Vinyl Lettering
- Seakeeper – Stabilizers System
- Boat Cleaning and Laundry Services
- Survey Reports
- Official agents
Bottom fouling results from 3 primary causes:
- Marine Life
- Algae slime
INOX is a good anti-corrosion. Why is INOX so good, because it works! Tecni-Marine carries out all the Inox works. We weld and polish in workshop and assembly on the boats.
Tecni-Marine repairs the fiber of your boat when needed. We repair and manufacture using the highest quality materials that can be purchased, using the newest marine fiberglass technology in our repairs and manufacturing. Experience results in high quality and competitively priced services…
A diesel generator powers all the comforts of home in your boat, items such as onboard domestic appliances, coffe makers, and battery systems. A professionally installed generator will run smoothly and quietly, allowing you to run: air-conditioning, a water maker, a diving compressor and a myriad of domestic equipment. The addition of a “hydro hush” exhaust system will ensure that you do not intrude on your neighbours boating pleasure. Tecni-Marine have available to our customers a complete and professional support and reparation of generators.
Tecni-Marine can supply and install everything from children´s bedroom entertainment systems, to top of the range surround sound.
- Hi-Fi systems
- Other kinds of equipment to suit customers requirements
- DVD Players supplied by Linn, Sony, etc
- Bose home cinema surround sound systems
- Remote control television screen
- Interconnection of Navigation equipment
Zincs are installed on the:
- Trim tabs
- DVD Players supplied by Linn, Sony, etc.
The term osmosis was originally used to describe the biological process whereby a liquid (usually water) will pass through a semi-permeable membrane. The membrane is permeable to the water molecules but not the various compounds dissolved within the water. The overall flow of the water molecules will be from the solution of lowest concentration towards the solution of higher concentration. The Osmosis is the tendency of fluid substances, if separated by a porous membrane to filter through it and become equally diffused. Generally, when you lift your boat up on a shipyard, you see small bubbles forming on the bottom of the hull (sometimes even above the waterline), it is usually water absorption under the gelcoat of the boat and sometimes into the fibreglass. The osmosis is almost a fiber cancer, and if we don´t treat it, this problem will contaminate all the fibers of the bottom of your boat. We are at this moment developing this area and we have invested money and time to protect your boat from this serious problem the best way possible.
The boat will be inspected weekly, checking:
- Mooring ropes check-up
- Shore power cables check-up
- Pumps, bilges and automatics
- Interior and exterior lights
- Covers – Monthly and every time the customer arrives it will be checked:
- Engines including: running engines, check oil levels and antifreeze levels
- Batteries check-up including water levels
- Jet tender or similar: running engine, battery check-up
- Monthly report issue every month available
Interior and exterior cleaning of the boat one time per week (4 times per month). Prepare the boat for customer arrival.
Laundry service provided (extra cost)
Whatever type of boat you own, you deserve the unbeatable comfort and luxury of a climate system. Tecni – Marine is expert in installing air conditioning systems with minimum disruption to your boat. Skilled and experienced tradesmen sympathetically fit controls and grills, which are cleverly concealed within the design of your boat. Reverse cycle units give true climate control. Stay cool in the summer and keep you boat warm and dry in the winter using automatic dehumidification to protect expensive fabrics and upholstery. The addition of digital controls will give total control to within a few degrees.
Why clean my tanks?
- Increased reliability of your engine and generator
- Increased power
- Less filter changes
- Less wear on your injectors and fuel pumps
- Less smoke and better fuel economy
- Less corrosion
Bottom fouling results from 3 primary causes: Marine Life, Plants and Algae slime. Anti-fouling bottom paintings are an essential part in the maintenance of your yacht. We carry out a precise inspection of all yachts so as to get a clear picture of the state of the bottom of each vessel. We work with two types of paint: Hempel and Nautix – Painting Specialist The basic of the application is the preparation of the bottom and we respect the healing time of each coat of paint. We inform our clients and friends that is better to loose another day with the drying of the paint than to rush the job and ruin the paint job which has been carried out, so be patient and give your boatyard the time to carry out the job well done. Needless to say, the general rule is that the more expensive the material, the slower it deteriorates, whereas cheaper materials deteriorate more rapidly. Anti-fouling bottom paint can help keep your boat’s hull in good condition, prevent barnacle attachment and algae growth, and will help your boat move through the water faster and more efficiently.
Teci-Marine is the agent for Portugal of the revolutionary Scubar, which allows for checks in one of the least accessible parts of the boat: the hull.
- Checking of fouled props and rudders;
- Checking of anodes for signs of erosion;
- Inspection of anchoring positions;
- Look out for underwater hull damage or clearances;
- Checking for weed and barnacle growth,
- Checking of underwater pontoons or sea walls;
- Inspection of those awkward to reach places as eg electrical boxes and engines.
Systems available include:
- Trim tabs
- Battery chargers and distribution systems
- Underwater lights
- Fuel Management computers
- Electronic engine controls
Tecni-Marine is the Seakeeper official dealer for Portugal.
By eliminating boat roll, Seakeeper transforms everyone’s experience on the water. Your guests go from sick to smiling, and memories turn from “never again” to “best trip ever!“
Seakeeper is designed to eliminate boat roll on vessels 27 ft and up. Tecni-Marine is also Seakeeper service center, installation center and with mobile capabilities we can assist you anywhere.
- Maintenance and cleaning service;
- Cathodic protection;
- Fuel filtration and treatment;
- Firefighting equipment and systems,
- Strainers and sea cocks;
- Stern gear;
- Water makers;
- Laundry service;
- Fiberglass and gelcoat repairs;
- Fiberglass molds,
- Sides hull spray paintings;
- Electricity and electronics.
- Hull anti-foulings and paint,
- Anti-osmosis treatment.
- Full engines service and repairs;
- Full engines diagnosis;
- Hydraulic systems,
- Interior and exterior detail cleaning;
- Surface treatments and protection (nano coatings).
- Information to assist with operation, repairs and servicing of boats and equipment;
- Help with selection and understanding of new products and trends;
- Technical Assistance;
- Liftings and Loadings;
- Seamanship documentation,
- Inspection Accompaniment / Survey;
- Yacht chandlery;
- Furuno sub-dealer for Algarve;
- Fuel treatment systems and fuel additives;
- Fuel tank cleaning service;
- Water makers;
- Air conditioning and heating;
- Audio visual;
- Interior refurbishment and upgrade;
- Interior, exterior and underwater LED lighting;
- Carpentry service;
- Stainless steel manufacture;
- Covers repairing and manufacture,
- Stainless steel and vinyl lettering;
- Hull vinyl wrap.
- Boat renovation/restoration
Covering every aspect of brokerage and maintenance
I have heard so many horror stories from people whose boats are overseas and maintained by local companies. My service from MotorYachts Portugal since 2011 could not contrast any more with this experience. As a family run business, covering every aspect of brokerage and maintenance, they pay attention to every detail and nothing is too much trouble. My mind is at rest knowing my boat is in the hands of an excellent team where the customer really is king; and when it comes time to change, they will be the first people I turn to.
“MotorYachts Portugal -MTY” – Technically they are complete. A wide team takes care of all kind problems of your boat in the quickest time they can. Everyone is committed to solve your boat deficiency, the better way with the best materials. The quality of cleaning they perform is superior. Your boat looks as new allover the year. With MTY you will find professional, nice and friendly people to take care of your boat.